Welcome to the web site of the research group LITE, Laboratory of Information Technologies in Education. As our name claims, our main interests lies in the use of computer technology with educational aims, although we also work in other, related lines of research.
Our current research efforts are focused on three main research lines:
- Computer Science Education, which is the field where we apply most of our research results. This line overlaps with most of the following lines.
- Educational Technology, that includes any software application developed with an educational purpose.
- Human-Computer Interaction, which is an important area in education. Note that our clients, the students, will interact with our educational software. We have to ensure that this interaction does not disturb, and enriches if possible, the educational experience of our students.
More specific research lines, as well as contact persons, follow:
- Computer science education research. Contacts: Isidoro Hernán, Maximiliano Paredes, Manuel Rubio, Jaime Urquiza, Ángel Velázquez
- eLearning y blended-learning. Contacts: Raquel Hijón, Diana Pérez, Liliana Santacruz
- Gamification. Contact person: Raquel Hijón
- Innovative methodologies in the use of ICTs for education. Contacts: Estefanía Martín, Isidoro Hernán, Jaime Urquiza, Ángel Velázquez
- Learning ICTs for schools and special needs. Contacts: Raquel Hijón, Diana Pérez, Estefanía Martín, Liliana Santacruz
- Mobile or collaborative applications. Contacts: Maximiliano Paredes, Liliana Santacruz
- Pedagogical conversational agents and recommendation systems. Contact: Diana Pérez, Estefanía Martín
- Software and information visualization. Contacts: Manuel Rubio, Jaime Urquiza, Ángel Velázquez
- User interfaces for educational technologies. Contacts: Jaime Urquiza
We are placed in the Móstoles campus. Our offices are at the “Edificio de Ampliación del Rectorado”, second floor. Our laboratorios are at the “Edificio departamental II”, ground floor.
Location in GoogleMaps. The University also gives instructions on how to arrive in the Móstoles campus. The following map also shows the location of both buildings.